It may be tempting to believe that because you have the staff already at hand, that shifting your office to a new location will be easy. More people, easier to delegate work the simpler the process will be, sounds good on paper but reality has a way of confounding the best intentions. With the help of this checklist and professional removals Watford, you will be able to enjoy a hassle free move that will guarantee less stress all around. Remember your staff maybe the best in their fields but it is unfair to ask them to take on the entire responsibility of the logistics involved for a shift.
You can however, delegate responsibility based on the checklist to ensure that each stage happens according to plan. Couple that with experts in office removals Watford and your business will enjoy a painless move from one location to another.
- Six months prior is roughly right time to review your lease and decide if you are shifting locations. If moving is the decision, then check your current property and start to mend any damaged areas such as chipped paint and light fixtures, so as not to affect your deposit.
- Put together a team to oversee the move and to ensure that each step in the check list is followed. Responsibilities should be clearly designated, and the team should coordinate to ensure that things are moving smoothly. The rest of the office should also be kept informed at necessary stages so that everyone can prepare for the move accordingly.
- Look for professional movers and get quotes from them. For office removals Watford in and around the area we offer a full service at comprehensive rates. However, to ensure you are getting the best for your company check and compare rates from about three companies.
- It is important to set a realistic budget at this stage, both to ensure you set aside the relevant finances and that you do not end up overspending. Early planning will help you make small adjustments to help scale back and reduce the overall cost.
- Lock in your moving date and make sure everyone is informed and working towards that date. Book the movers in advance. Be sure to give them a clear idea of the items that need to be moved so that they can work out your moving plan accordingly.
- Make an inventory of everything. Pack and label clearly, items that can be done by employees, leaving the bigger and delicate items to the professionals. If there are any items that are broken or no longer fit in with the aesthetic of the new premises, then note them and set them aside for donation if possible or disposal. Check with your removals company as they may offer disposal in their services.
- On the day of the move ensure that everyone is handling their designated responsibilities. About a week before the date, make sure everything is packed and labelled and those to be done by the professionals clearly listed so that nothing is missed causing confusion and delays on the date.
Remember, this check list is for the actual removal process and you will need to have a separate list for admin requirements, such as water, electricity, internet etc.
Removals in Watford are made convenient thanks to professional removers who have the necessary expertise and equipment to make the move easy. By enlisting their help removals Watford is no longer a stressful affair, with employees having to make multiple trips to move furniture and equipment, or breakages owing to mishandling or general confusion. If you plan on shifting office premises in the near future, this check list should help towards streamlining the process.